I’d like to share with you a simple, affordable, and fun way to give the people on your list this year the gift of healing, peace, and joy. Herbal tea makes a great gift because it carries the energy of healing and the introduction to a wonderful part of life that many people haven’t yet discovered. Each year I create herbal tea gifts for many of the people on my list, and I’d like to share the how-to with you here.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bulk herbal tea: chamomile, lemon balm, green, rose hips, and blends all make great options
- Several small to medium sized canning jars with lids
- Reusable tea bags or stainless steel tea balls
- string and tags (optional)
Here’s how to make the herbal tea gift jars…
- Clean out the jars and dry them completely. Any moisture left in the jars may cause the herbs to mold.
- Scoop in the dried herbs. You can either create a blend of your own, find a recipe online, make the jar from one type of tea, or even layer various herbal tea types to offer your loved one a selection over the coming weeks.
- Seal the jar tightly and add a tag explaining what tea is inside and how to brew it (1 tsp. tea to 8oz. hot water, steep for 5 minutes)
- You may also include a package of reusable tea bags or an inexpensive stainless steel tea ball. Many crafty folks are able to add charms and beads to their tea balls making them a truly unique gift.
Herbal tea makes a great gift, and it’s easy to incorporate it into a gift basket that includes mugs, a tea towel, a tea ball, or even a tea kettle.